Whether you’re just starting a family or you’ve retired from the hustle and bustle of the big city, you might be in search of the slower pace of life in the suburbs. For example, imagine living in a spacious, two-bedroom apartment in Bryn Mawr or another suburb of Philadelphia, where you can walk to the corner store or take a short train ride to the city. It may be the perfect way to start your family or live out your best years.
When deciding whether to move into a larger apartment, you’ll need to consider the pros and cons. You may not always have the option of staying where you are, particularly if you live in a cramped apartment. If your lease is nearing its end and you want more living space, there may be no better option than finding a new place — in the suburbs.
Compared to city life, the suburbs can be quite a bore, but there are plenty of good reasons to move to a spacious two-bedroom in the suburbs. Here are the top 5 reasons:
1. Less Expensive For More Space: If you’re looking for more space out of your monthly rent or mortgage, the suburbs are the right move. Consider moving into a two-bedroom apartment in the suburbs instead of that cramped one-bedroom in the city. More space for everyone. You and your family will feel more comfortable in an apartment or home with more room, including more privacy. You may even have a nice outdoor space that you can enjoy during the warmer months.
2. You Have a Voice in the Community: No matter where you live, your voice will always be powerful. But, when you move to the suburbs, your voice can be heard much louder because there are less people to compete with. If you want to get involved in your local government or kid’s school, it will be much easier to land a leading role in the suburbs.
3. More Convenience: Cities bring more traffic and crowds, but they don’t always offer convenience. With often unreliable public transportation and limited parking available, completing the most basic errands feels more like a chore. In the suburbs, you are surrounded by convenient access to retail stores, restaurants, and other amenities — without the crowds.
4. Get Closer to Nature: Stop and breathe in the fresh air of the trees that surround you in the — you won’t get that in the city. Throughout the suburbs, you will find some apartment communities with well-kept grounds including walking paths and trees to create a nice outdoor space for you to relax and enjoy.
5. Better School Systems: Education is the key to success. If you are thinking about your children’s future and you aren’t happy with their city school system, heading to the suburbs might be the right move for everyone. It is a fact that suburbs have higher-rated schools than those in the city.